Julia Kiltina, a therapist, nutritionist, keto diet specialist and course doctor, shares an ingenious recipe for keto high fiber bread recipe.
Let’s not beat around the bush – constipation often happens at the start of the keto diet, especially with those who suffered from this problem before on a regular diet and used to solve it with fiber – a lot of vegetables, bran and the like, on keto such salvation can be high fiber bread recipe from constipation.
Normally, our intestines should successfully cope with defecation and without the additional stimulation of fiber. Dietary fiber is food for gut bacteria, and not much of it is needed.
But today’s “proper” diet is low-fat, which means the intestines don’t have enough bile to function properly. You have to use fiber-brushes. While the body adapts to the new high-fat (or, in other words, normal diet), constipation happens often. And you have to combine the classic gastrointestinal approach with the ketogenic approach. So, to cope with constipation on the ketogenic diet:
- drink enough fluids – 2-2.5 liters a day of pure water, mineral water, tea, herbal infusions, coffee;
- take magnesium;
- eat greens – salads, herbs, vegetables growing above the ground, dressed with olive oil, with every meal;
- move – dynamic people have better bowel motility;
- be less stressed or work on reducing stress (at the very least, see above, move around) – the gut and the brain, the nervous system, are firmly connected and in constant communication;
- Include high fiber bread in your diet according to Julia Kiltina’s recipe. It is easy to prepare, helps with constipation;
- gradually reduce excessive fiber – let only vegetables, herbs and berries remain in the diet, all additional tricks will become unnecessary as you adapt.
- 5 egg
- 25 г linseed flour
- 25 г bran (rye)
- 25 г psyllium
- salt (by taste)
- coriander (by taste)
- cumin (by taste)
- pinch baking powder
- Beat the eggs with an immersion blender for a minute, pour out the dry mixture, beat again a little with a blender. Pour into a silicone mold (for this amount of ingredients – 15 cm).
- Bake in the oven like regular bread – at 180 °C for 30-45 minutes, depending on your oven, or in a slow cooker on the "bread" mode.This loaf is cut in half and each half into 5 more pieces. 2-3 such pieces a day perfectly fulfill the fiber norm.