Really easy, really quick and really tasty recipe. Lilia Voronin (the author of elfkitchen blog) on how to cook the perfect shrimp with bacon and cream.
I was firmly set in my tastes and beliefs before. I adored shrimp with olive oil, tons of garlic and greenery. Using soft cheese as a dip to boot. But everything – shrimp included – tastes better with bacon and cream. So I came up with this recipe for you shrimp with bacon and cream.
Also, there’s some perfect and long-awaited freedom in that – I find a bit of happiness in the fact that keto and carnivore lifestyle allows you to eat shrimp without any kinds of garnish! Forget about that less-than-tasty nonsense to your creamy seafood goodness. Just take a spoon, eat it and be happy!
- 400 gr peeled shrimp
- 20 gr butter
- 70 gr smoked bacon
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 30 gr mozzarella cheese (or any hard types of cheese like parmegiano)
- salt (you can also used smoked salt)
- dried garlic
- black pepper
- chilli pepper
- Chop bacon into small pieces using a knife or kitchen scissors. Melt the butter on a frying pan and fry the pieces of bacon until they get light-golder and the fat is released.
- Take the bacon out and store it on a paper towel. Put chopped garlic cloves into the same frying pan, and add shrimp in about a minute. Fry on large heat, after 3-4 minutes add heavy cream and bring to boil.
- Add spices: about half a teaspoon dried garlic, black pepper, chili and salt by taste. Stir and add grated cheese.
- When the cheese is melted, add the bacon, stir everything really well and decorate with your favorite greenery (parsley, dill or anything else, really).