Varenyky – a super simple breakfast recipe from our sales manager Irina Shinkareva.
“Lazy” varenyky are dumplings from Ukraine. Called lazy, because they are easier to cook than the traditional ones. Perfect if your family doesn’t follow keto, and on the weekend, you want to cook one dish to please everyone: kids, husband, and yourself! Everyone can complement lazy varenyky with a topping of their own choice. We vote for fatty homemade cream and berries.
Other recipes from our collection of 11 Ukrainian foods you must try.
- 275 g farmer cheese (9-11% fat)
- 2 egg
- 0,5 tsp psyllium
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- salt (to taste)
- sweatener (to taste)
- cream and berries (for serving)
- Mix farmer cheese with eggs, knead with a fork, add salt and sweetener. Important: take farmer cheese with not more than 11% fat, otherwise the dumplings may fall apart during the cooking process. Add psyllium and coconut flour to the mass. Mix thoroughly again.
- Cool the dough in a fridge for 30-40 minutes.
- Take it out, roll into a long “sausage” shape, cut it into pieces. Then flatten or roll into a ball each piece – as you wish.
- Boil water, salt it, and cook dumplings for about 3 minutes.
- Serve with homemade cream or heavy sour cream and berries. Bon appetit and have a good day!