Just like we like it: easy, quick, and gluten-free. Meet keto quiche with bacon! Perfect weekend breakfast or lunch.
Usually, quiche with bacon, chicken, mushrooms, or broccoli stuffing is an open pie based on shortcrust pastry. But there is an idea (tested!) to replace the dough with bacon: you get keto quiche with crispy crust outside, delicate creamy filling inside, and green onions on top. Simplicity at its best. Tastes better slightly chilled.
For the first, follow the recipe strictly. Next time you can experiment with the filling, for example, add fried mushrooms or fish. You can use pork belly instead of bacon. There’s a great recipe in our select 11 Ukrainian Foods You Must Try.
- 400 g bacon (thin stripes)
- 8 egg
- 200 g cream cheese (room temperature)
- 15 g green onion (or any other greens, optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F. Take small round baking forms, cover the bottom and sides with bacon to make baskets.
- Mix eggs with cheese, herbs, salt, and pepper. No need to make the mixture homogeneous – pieces of cheese left unmixed will make the texture more interesting.
- Pour the mixture into the bacon 'baskets", and bake on medium heat for 15-20 minutes – the filling should seize in the middle. Take your quiches out of the oven, let cool, and serve slightly warm.